What social media outlet do you use to promote yourself/work?

Monday, April 30, 2012

Something Completely New

The May 1st deadline for the Writer's Digest 81st Annual Writing Competition is rapidly closing in and like any self-respecting writer, making my deadline is going to be very, very close.  Myself, along with thousands of other writers, have been putting off getting our ideas on paper for this competition, and it is finally the time to do some real work.

I have come a long way with my story ideas for the competition.  When I first brought up the subject of doing the writing competition to you guys, I was completely lost.  I had no idea what-so-ever what I was going to write about, or even what genre and time period my story was going to take place in.

Over those few stressful months, I wrote nearly a half dozen short stories of varying degrees of quality before throwing them all out.  It wasn't a happy time.

Afterwards; however, I calmed down enough to sit back at my computer and begin to brainstorm a seventh story idea.  This one had real promise....so much so in fact that the story came very easily to me, as did the writing (those two don't always go together!).

Tomorrow I will be finished writing and editing the story--it will be a long day to be sure--and I will post it here on my blog.  Keep an eye on Twitter and Facebook for the announcement.  When you have read it, shoot me an email, comment, tweet, or Facebook message and let me know what you thought of it!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment