What social media outlet do you use to promote yourself/work?

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I Need Your Help!

As I'm getting closer to submitting my novel to agents, I have talked myself into quite the quandary. Everybody knows I have complained (I'll admit it) about the complications of both traditional and 'self', or internet, publishing.

With that being said, I need some advice.  Should I put my novel, Out of Arms Reach, on Amazon and B&N, or should I focus on getting it in print?

We all know that these are weird times for publishing, but I have read some articles lately that make mean lean towards going online with my novel.  Namely this article and this article.  What I took away from them was that you have to do your own thing in order to be happy and not to focus on what will make you a living.

I took a lot away from this quote (in the second article),

"Talent is talent whether evident in a frayed manuscript printed in Word, a self-published novel of mediocre appearance but solid content, or a great self-published effort all the way down the line. Either you've got the soul of a writer or you don't. Either you’re good at it or you’re not."

Do you guys have any suggestions on what route I should take?  Your feedback means a lot!

Check out the poll question down below this post and come back on Saturday for a post about why we love mystery novels!!  Until then, follow me out on Twitter (@ben_ehlert) or on Facebook (Ben Ehlert).  You can also follow my blog by email for updates.

 General shenanigans is guaranteed.  Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I think you have the soul of an writer for sure, but I'd love to see your work in print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts meean a lot :) time will tell as to what happens with publication......thanks for the feedback!!

    ReplyDelete