What social media outlet do you use to promote yourself/work?

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Writers of the Week

I know it's a bit later than I had hoped to publish this post, but it's still Saturday!

I have been looking over my bookshelves lately, thinking of which authors I wanted to put in this post.  It's a tough choice because most of those novels are excellent (except for that new James Patterson one!  Boo on that one).  I settled on Stephen Frey, which you'll also see has a novel on the list of my favorite books, and Brad Meltzer.


Stephen Frey is a lesser known author, but his books are amazing, especially the Christian Gillette series.  Granted, the character's last name is the name of a razor, but the character he made is pretty original.  The thing I love about Frey's novels, though, is the fact that they are so accurate.  What I mean by that is that the novels focus around a private equity executive, Gillette, who runs the biggest firm in New York.  Not only is Frey a great writer, but he previously worked as a managing director at a private equity firm.  In New York.  Yep, so you know most of the inner workings of the industry come from first hand knowledge.  Can't beat that!  On a separate note, Gillette has a rare ability to get himself shot at, which I presume isn't all that common.


Our second author, Brad Meltzer, is a best-selling writer; however, I didn't discover his books until a few years ago.  I asked a few friends if they had heard of his works, but they were as clueless as myself.  Kinda' funny how you can stumble upon someone who is so popular with some, and unknown to others.  His books are political thrillers, and one in particular, The Millionaires, is worth a mention.  The idea behind the book (don't wanna' spoil it!) is that if you had opportunity to steal $3,000,000 without getting caught....would you?

Have you guys read any work from Frey or Meltzer?


Tomorrow's post will be coming out a lot earlier in the day than this one. Keep your eye out for a new poll question, one that will definitely catch your interest, and some EXCITING NEWS coming out on  Monday

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment