What social media outlet do you use to promote yourself/work?

Monday, February 27, 2012

'Cross' This One Off Your List

I try to avoid bad books because they tend to ruin the author for me. I figure, how can I spend nine dollars on another one of your books if your last one wasn't good? Well, James Patterson is on my shit list.

I just got done reading his new Alex Cross novel, 'Cross Fire' and I was tempted to quit early on. I wanted to write a review for it though, to hopefully save you all some time...


The book starts off strong, a good old fashioned assassination of some vaguely corrupt politician and Alex Cross being a smartass. Then things get weird. By page fifty someone is back from the dead (not always a bad sign) with a new face (always a bad sign). Then things really go down hill and the plausibility meter tanks.

Gone is the gritty realism that Patterson cultivated through more than a dozen Cross novels, and Cross's character gets lost as well. Patterson replaces all that with cliche lines about being a good cop and catching the worst killer he has ever seen, which he has said in basically every book.

Save your money. Save your time. Leave this one on the shelf.


Characters: **

Plot: *

Plausibility: 1/2 *

Overall: * 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment