What social media outlet do you use to promote yourself/work?

Friday, December 30, 2011

Time for Some Cold Hard Truth

As an aspiring writer should, I recently subscribed to Writers Digest. After reading the first issue in one sitting, so engrossed was I, I came to some hard-earned conclusions.


When writing a project as long as a novel, you find yourself more happy with some aspects and/or chapters than others. Other authors have told me this is normal if you have set high standards for yourself. That conclusion I have reached is a result of much inner debate...that doesn't make me sound crazy right? Anyway, back to the point.


As I start looking for agents I know that good won't be good enough. At the end of every chapter I need to have that feeling of "Holy shit, I actually wrote that?" And for anyone wondering, that's a pretty cool feeling!


So, at long last, I have made a decision. I will read my novel on my Kindle (an amazing gift I recently received) and if it isn't ENTIRELY what I expect of it, it will be back to another round of editing. Bring on the coffee. It's gonna' be a long night!

No comments:

Post a Comment